Are you struggling with working with different nationalities? Are you wondering what exactly is going on, puzzled with certain reactions, possibly annoyed? Would you like to be able to manage diversity in teams, even leverage the differences? This Masterclass will help you to improve your understanding and thereafter your effectiveness in a cross-cultural work place.
It is well known that culture has a massive impact on an international work place. In today’s world, cultural competence is a necessary prerequisite for success. A thorough understanding of the 6D model of cultural dimensions, and the skills to apply these dimensions to different situations, provides for a better performance in international teams and good balance between the standardization of HQ and the localization of the implementation.
This Masterclass is designed for managers, professionals and employees working in an international workplace. Leaders, colleagues, or subordinates from different background(s) may be working in your direct vicinity; they may also be working on the other side of the globe, without you meeting frequently or at all.
The Masterclass is designed to stimulate active learning, creating both growth and competence. The programme provides a sequence of concise building blocks, allowing time for application and reflection in between. It consists of:
- a pre-course e-learning program (a-synchronic)
- two separate half days of online training (synchronic)
- application and self study in between (a-synchronic)
- The program starts on the 7th of June 2021, with the provision of the link to the e-learning program.
- The online training days: 15th of June and 22nd of June 2021, from 12.30 – 17.00 h. CET.
- Gain insight and understanding of basic dilemma’s, cultural choices and their logic and assumptions, both of your own and of other cultures.
- The application of the 6D model to your daily practice: to adapt management techniques, to improve communication and apply culture to strategy.