Are you struggling with working with different nationalities? Are you wondering what exactly is going on, puzzled with certain reactions, possibly annoyed? Would you like to be able to manage diversity in teams, even leverage the differences? This Masterclass will help you to improve your understanding and thereafter your effectiveness in a cross-cultural work place.
It is well known that culture has a massive impact on an international work place. In today’s world, cultural competence is a necessary prerequisite for success. A thorough understanding of the 6D model of cultural dimensions, and the skills to apply these dimensions to different situations, provides for a better performance in international teams and good balance between the standardization of HQ and the localization of the implementation.
This Masterclass is designed for managers, professionals and employees working in an international workplace. Leaders, colleagues, or subordinates from different background(s) may be working in your direct vicinity; they may also be working on the other side of the globe, without you meeting frequently or at all.
The Masterclass is designed to stimulate active learning, creating both growth and competence. The programme provides a sequence of concise building blocks, allowing time for application and reflection in between. It consists of:
- a pre-course e-learning program (a-synchronic)
- two separate half days of online training (synchronic)
- application and self study in between (a-synchronic)
- The program starts on the 16th of October 2023, with the provision of the link to the e-learning program.
- The online training days: 1st and 8th of November 2023, from 12.30 – 17.00 h. CEST.
- Gain insight and understanding of basic dilemma’s, cultural choices and their logic and assumptions, both of your own and of other cultures.
- The application of the 6D model to your daily practice: to adapt management techniques, to improve communication and apply culture to strategy.
The Masterclass will be given by Alette Vonk. Coming from the Netherlands, she has lived and worked in the USA and for a period of ten years in West-Africa (Cameroon, Benin and Ghana). She is an OD and intercultural management consultant and an associate partner of Hofstede Insights, with a wide variety of clients, from development agencies to multinational companies and migrant NGO’s in the Netherlands. Alette is also a lecturer Intercultural Management at the University of Leiden.
For 750 Euro’s per person, you’ll receive:
- Access to the e-learning platform
- 2 half days Program on Intercultural Management
- Lesson material, case studies and literature for further study
Participants registering before the 30th of September 2023 will be able to make use of the Early Bird price of 495 Euro.
Not included and will be charged separately when applicable: